A month full of offers! Grab it!


This year is my first celebrating Ramadhan as a married woman alhamdulillah. I still remember last year, I just ended my internal medicine posting and had around 2 weeks break and another 2 weeks was spent in the labour room. Staying up all night just waiting for a baby to be delivered. Though I couldn't do much of Ibadah, but that felt like an obligation and it felt wonderful. This year alhamdulillah, I celebrated the first 4 days of Ramadhan in Makkah. The first tarawih prayers was at Masjidil Haram, I sat next to my sister. Indeed, an unforgettable moment. However, we didn't experience iftar in the moqsue itself as we broke our fast in the hotel room and rushed downstairs to join the Maghrib congegrational prayers. It was always led by Al-Imam Sheikh Al-Sudais. SubhanAllah! He sounded exactly like in the CD or MP3 but better coz it was live!

Today is already the 15th day of Ramadhan 1431. On my way to the mosque this morning I saw how beautiful and round the moon was, covered vaguely by greyish clouds. It was a beautiful sight, but in my heart I felt sad :( This means we only have half a month left. I pondered at how I've spent the last 15 days, and I'm not satisfied with my personal performance. I wished I had done more ibadahs.

Allah is so generous and He has always gives his servants endless chances and opportunities. He blesses us with air and water, with life, health, mind and so on. Yet, as a servant what have we done to show our faith in him. In this beautiful month, Allah has offered us so many blessings and also promised us a lot of rewards if we perform ibadahs and good deeds. It feels so light living in a world with no devils and every second that passes by is full of rahmat. I heard a tazkirah after tarawih by a local Ustaz, he mentioned that this month can be divided into 3 phases:

1st 10 days: Rahmat
2nd 10 days: Pengampunan
3rd 10 days: Bebas dari api neraka

Lets grab the offers that have been offered by Allah, and perform as many good deeds as we can and leave all the bad and wrong doings that we have been addicted to or can't stop doing. InsyaAllah with the barakah of this month, and a strong determination Allah will help us in changing to become a better person as long as we want it so badly in our hearts.




Comments

Unknown said…
it was an unforgettable moment kan that night in masjidil haram, tingkat 2, dihimpit oleh orang2 turkey.... hahahahaha. and most importantly, jingkit kaki sikit nampak kaabah.

Popular Posts