Are we taking life for granted??

Today is Monday, and its the beginning of a new week and the 20th day of the holy month. Days and days have gone by.... have I been grateful with my life all this while I start to wonder?

Everytime we wake up in the morning, what would be the first thing we do? Switch off the alarm, snooze the alarm, jump out of bed, rush to the toilet or do we sit up and say Alhamdulillah, I am so grateful for being alive, for being blessed with good health, at least I can move my body voluntarily and see the world when I open my eyes... oh yes and those lungs are working and my heart is pumping without me having to control it. We then move on to our daily routine or activities.

However, we should start asking ourselves the questions... why am I here again? Why was born in this world? Am I just a lucky 1 in 3 million chance of being fertilized and live just to fulfill my humanly needs? As we read the holy verses of the sacred book 'Al-Quran' we would come across so many verses that state our purpose as a vicegerent on this earth.

So as a human being, we should always be consciously aware of our existence and think back of the reason why we are born into this world. Whatever seed we plant would grow us the tree that we wish for insyaAllah. So as a lesson for me today, sacrificing my sleep during the day :) would be my jihad and try to make full use of my time and to be of benefit to other people.

There is so much to be grateful for in life, that petty things should just be overlooked and we should focus on bigger things. For example, in my medical student days experience I remember seeing a patient who was my age and suffered from Duschenne Muscular Dystrophy, she is lucky to still be alive and has such a big heart that she never moaned or complained and was so helpful to us students when many of us have come to her asking the same questions and examining her. SubhanAllah! It really made me realize that its all about perception and 'Redha'. She worked in the OKU place, whereby she made handcrafts products. So we should really be grateful, the fact that we can get up easily from squatting and that we're able to walk unaided is a truly great blessing alhamdulillah :)

So I am truly reminding myself that there is more to life and we shouldn't take it for granted and live consciously to enjoy every minute of it whilst getting the Allah's Redha. May we be blessed and be in the guidance of Allah throughout our life. Ameen ameen Ya Rabbal 'Alamin.

Comments

Popular Posts