Living consciously

Bismillahirrohmanirrohim....

SubhanAllah, Walhamdulillah wa La Ilaha Illa Allah, Allahu Akbar!

I started the day later than usual today, Yeps woke up a tad late! Really, I tell you the feeling of waking up late is TERRIBLE! Allah programmed us to pray Fajr early in the morning for a very good reason. The body just works better earlier! 

I spent time with my daughters and headed to the office with my grandmother. As I went to meet my workmates (yes I do have workmates) to discuss on work matters, I realized many things. One of the things I learnt today is to always be conscious. I once listened to Louise Hay's talk and she said something about being aware, being conscious. I paused for a moment when I heard her say that, I mean medically speaking anybody who is alert, and not comatose is conscious. Haha!! Oh well, so I learnt that what she meant is that to always run our lives in a conscious state, imagine waking up in the morning with a fixed routine and doing things without thinking. Most of us do that don't we? However, it is time to transform ourselves to be more conscious and alert of what is going on within us and around us. Choose the thoughts we think, choose the food we eat (GUILTY!), choose how much water we ought to drink daily and choose what time we want to perform our Salah. It sounds simple, but is a lot more work than that because we're actually fighting our Nafs which is always inside ourselves.

I pray that myself and everyone be granted a strong self to be able to live consciously and be happy with what we have.

Lots and lots of Love
Atiyah Azmi

Sofiya (32 months old) sharing her drink with Surayya (16 months old) at Farhana's open house. 

Comments

Popular Posts