Its my turn

Bismillah... In the name of Allah

So you might have known that I graduated as a doctor almost a year ago, 9 months to be precise. I had then been called for work in July last year but I chose to defer it and start somewhere in September. Well it turned out to be postponed until after I delivered, which was in December. Once I delivered I decided to start in June to fulfill my wish to exclusively breastfeed my baby for 6 months and be the first to introduce to her solid food. I was at home, joyfully waking up to my baby's cry and taking my own sweet time giving her a bath, putting her on my tummy while I lie down and do some deep breathing, watching the tele and so on. This was my daily routine, sedentary but fun hehe.... until I got a shocking letter on tuesday March the 8th! I saw a big brown envelope, addressed to me with KKM sign on the thing. I opened it and saw the exact letter I received last July in 2010 with the difference of dates, this time I'd been called for induction in PD from the 15th March til the 18th! I was sooo shocked, I cried to my husband. I kneeled and hugged his legs while he was sitting doing his work and could only pat me on the back equally sad and surprised. (He didn't cry, oh no he didn't hehehe)

I tried to digest it but when I saw my baby I kept on crying and I hugged real strong. My mum called when Aiman told him about the letter and how sad I was, she asked me whether I'd like to postpone it but I knew that I shouldn't as it would be the second time on the record and I think it'll look bad. My sister was totally against me starting work too, she felt so sorry for Sofiya and told me to postpone it. I nearly did, but then again I thought again and again maybe this is it. Allah has destined this for me and that everything happens for a reason.

Since wednesday, I have started to give Sofiya expressed breast milk (EBM) using a bottle. She can drink from it Alhamdulillah and now I am regularly pumping to get used to the frequent pumping I have to do in order to maintain my milk supply. Please pray for me so that I get to breastfeed my baby for 2 years insyaALlah. I went to see a lactation consultant on thursday, to ask her regarding pumping at work especially as an HO! Alhamdulillah, I'm so glad that I went to see her as my doubts and questions have been answered and I feel so positive about this. InsyaAllah, May Allah help me and ease me in my journey to fully breastfeed Sofiya for 2 years. I've settled the documents for induction and registration alhamdulillah.

Now, I'm cleaning up my room and organizing it so that once I'm gone Aiman will be able to handle the room and baby easily insyaAllah. I like to have a system and be organized but it doesn't mean that I'm a truly neat and orderly person, sometimes when I'm out of the system things get nasty... oh yes they do. So I'm all geared up to start this new chapter of my life, being an adult, a worker, a staff and most importantly a servant of Allah seeking for His pleasure. Oh yeah, I'm also going to be a mother with a career insyaAllah, I wonder how I'll handle it. As a mother you can be very selfish when it comes to educating and handling you child where you want only what is best for your baby, you want to feed her, you want to be the one seeing her first smile, seeing her play with toys, teach her to speak, read to her, teach her about Allah and Rasulullah, introduce Islam to her and so on. Somehow I know there will be a way to do this and balance out my life, and be the perfect mother for my child. I'm trying not to think about what other people have told me about how hard a houseman's life is, so I'm affirming to myself that InsyaALlah with Allah's help and guidance I can live a satisfying life insyaALlah.

Hope to update this blog frequently, so that any events and memoirs can be recorded electronically and be a reference for the future and most of all if anybody ever reads my posts I hope I can be of benefit in any way. Salam!!

Comments

Popular Posts