For The Rest of My Life




















So okay, the title of this post might be cliche for those ears familiar to Maher Zain but it was the best I could find to fit my feelings about this entry. InsyaAllah this Sunday March 6th would mark a year of mine and Aiman's marriage.

I've never really been public about my story with Aiman, never did I have the interest to do so as I didn't want to appear 'poyo' or showing off, hehe but this time I really want to put my feelings in public. This entry is specially dedicated for my husband.

Alhamdulillah Aiman is a true blessing and gift in my life and I am so thankful to Allah for blessing me with such a special person. We got to know each other on 19th June 2009, at my house when Shakeera (our mutual friend) invited him over for a small BBQ held at my house. We talked casually and didn't really interact to get to know each other better. I was single at that time and so was he, but he had the wrong perception of me being with someone already and I knew that he was single but I felt that I wasn't good enough for him. He was a decent looking guy of average height and built, polite and appeared rather nerdy (in a good way). We had a karaoke session that night of which my parents were involved too, however mummy talked to Aiman half of the time finding interest in his passion for self development. They definitely spoke the same language! When the night ended, everyone went home and that was that. I added him on FB and we never communicated ever since.



We chatted a couple of times on FB, and the second session initiated our love chapter. My friend Moushumi whom I've known since 9 years of age from our primary school in London was coming to Malaysia for her elective program in UM Hospital. It was a Friday when I chatted with Aiman, and I asked him whether he'd like to accompany me to take my friend and a couple of her friends out since I'm a map illiterate, and I don't really know my way around KL. He agreed to help me take my friends out. The reason why I asked him was because I saw photos of him and his foreign friends on a trip to Penang, which I interpreted as him being a foreigner friendly type of person hehe...

So we went out on 5th September 2009 with Moushumi, Mya and Zakia. We went to Matta Fair, PWTC as the girsl wanted to look at available Bali trip packages available and Aiman and I ended up talking to each other a lot. Since that outing, he kept on texting me and I replied! hehehe this was indication for him that I was actually interested in him too (Perasan haha :p but yeah I have to admit he was right ). 1 week after that, he had the strength to talk to me over the phone and tell me his intention and interest in getting to know me better, and I said 'likewise' hehe :)



Our friendship continued getting stronger and closer, during Eid week which was 2 weeks from our first outing together we got even closer as he came over to my house and spent a lot of time with me and family. Aiman even joined my batch's Raya Convoy hahaha!

2 days after my 24th birthday, Aiman expressed his intention of getting our families involved and taking our relationship into something deeper. Alhamdulillah, we both agreed to that decision. Both of us talked to our families and on 6th December, 2009 we were engaged. It was a special occasion and a very simple one, his parents, grandmother and siblings came over to my house and only my parents were the only ones there. They talked and a ring was given and we decided to tie the knot on 6th March 2010.

A week after my Surgical End of Block Exam, we were solemnized in a memorable, orangey, fun and laid-back event held at my house in Kajang. It was very momentous as lots of my friends and families came. It was so good to meet all of them on my very special day. We went on our honeymoon 2 days after at Tioman Island, arranged by Aiman's parents. Alhamdulillah, we had a great time.

Our life began as a married couple, being apart for the first 3 months since I was in Kuantan for my studies. Alhamdulillah we met each other every weekend. I ended my 5 year degree course on the last days of the month of May 2010, it was historic for me as the most important examination for my undergraduate years called the "Professional Exam" was faced with a supportive husband beside me. He came all the way to Kuantan, took leave and stayed almost a week with me. Accompanied me to the library, and became my patient for me to practise physical examination skills. Alhamdulillah! Aiman also did a very special thing, whereby he went up to my hostel room after getting permission from the Mahallat Office and while I was sitting for my OSCE exam he cleared up all my stuff. He borrowed Mak's (Aiman's Mum) van and boy was the van loaded! 5 years worth of clutter managed to be squeezed into the poor automobile.

After moving back to KL for good, I spent my time at home being a wife and a pregnant mother-to-be waiting eagerly for Aiman to come back from work. I was looking forward to start work too, until my brother in-law advised me to delay my housemanship until after Eid (August 2010). I was partially influenced by that advice, I received a letter for Induction but I made a decision to postpone it until a bit later. Aiman and my family agreed to my decision. We then went for Umrah slightly before Ramadhan and celebrated the coming of the Holy month in the Holy city of Makkah.

To make the story shorter, I finally decided to just wait for the baby to be delivered and be a stay-at-home wife enjoying her pregnancy. :) Alhamdulillah at that time also, Aiman decided to go on his own and was more at home and we spent a lot of time together.

Now back to the real stuff, Aiman is my life partner insyaALlah. We not only spend a lot of time together but each moment spent together brings us closer. I'm still amazed at how Allah has made such a perfect partner for me. I always told AIman that neither me or him are perfect, but we're perfect for each other insyaAllah. We share a lot of things in common and we can communicate and relate to each other really well. Of course we have our quarrels and disagreement episodes, but we both try to tackle the issues smartly and try to preserve our relationship over petty things. We realize that congregational prayer for married couples is very important and brings them closer together and most importantly closer to Allah. We do a lot of silly things together and make stupid jokes that only we understand and laugh about.

Abang, thank you so much for putting up with my behaviour, for always knowing what to tell me and how to console me when I most needed it. You always encouraged me no matter what I did, and gave your opinion wisely and made me feel good even though I was at my lowest. You make me feel proud of myself for delaying my work and focusing on our baby even before she was born. You're such a great person whom I look up to. Your imperfections are what I find cute and learn to adapt to. We shall enjoy our journey together in moving towards our vision and in improving ourselves. Honestly, I've changed a lot ever since you came into my life alhamdulillah.

Since I adopted the title of this post from a song Maher Zain wrote for his wife, I'd like to dedicate this song to my husband. Here's the lyric of the lovely song by Maher:

I praise Allah for sending me you my love
You found me home and sail with me
And I`m here with you
Now let me let you know
You`ve opened my heart
I was always thinking that love was wrong
But everything was changed when you came along
OOOOO
And theres a couple words I want to say

For the rest of my life
I`ll be with you
I`ll stay by your side honest and true
Till the end of my time
I`ll be loving you. loving you
For the rest of my life
Thru days and night
I`ll thank Allah for open my eyes
Now and forever I I`ll be there for you
I know that deep in my heart
I feel so blessed when I think of you
And I ask Allah to bless all we do
You`re my wife and my friend and my strength
And I pray we`re together eternally

Now I find myself so strong
Everything changed when you came along
OOOO
And theres a couple word I want to say
For the rest of my life
I`ll be with you
I`ll stay by your side honest and true
Till the end of my time
I`ll be loving you. loving you
For the rest of my life
Thru days and night
I`ll thank Allah for open my eyes
Now and forever I I`ll be there for you
I know that deep in my heart now that you`re here
Infront of me I strongly feel love
And I have no doubt
And I`m singing loud that I`ll love you eternally
For the rest of my life
I`ll be with you
I`ll stay by your side honest and true
Till the end of my time
I`ll be loving you.loving you
For the rest of my life
Thru days and night
I`ll thank Allah for open my eyes
Now and forever I I`ll be there for you
I know that deep in my heart


This 1 year of our marriage has been lovely and I can't wait to face the future years with you insyaALlah. Happy anniversary sayang :) Luv u so much.


P/s: I wrote this so that my feelings and experience are in a physical form, so that in later years to come we have something to read and laugh at :p

Comments

Popular Posts