Education begins at home

Bismillahirrohmanirrohim...

    I have a strong belief that education begins at home, in fact it begins before the child is even born. I remember when I was in Form 5 in school, my Ustazah told the class that the Akhlaq of our child is determined by what type of person we are 5 years before he/she is born. I was so shocked with her statement and scared too, in case I got married within the 5 years! Haha... Now I truly understand what she was saying, how we act, the things we do leads to our lifestyle and of course our level of Iman. Can you imagine what type of person we will attract into our life if our Iman level is very low? Nauzubillah. I've gone through a very low level in my life, however Alhamdulillah I'm so grateful with the Mercy and Kindness of Allah he has gifted me with a wonderful man as my companion. Alhamdulillah, I pray that every woman out there be blessed with a good man InsyaAllah.

   So back to education, when we mention the word education it just sounds rather heavy and automatically we think of a school right? At least that's how I see it. What many of us fail to understand is that education is an extremely important part of everyone's life. How we educate ourselves and spouses will be how we educate our children. Did you know that children are the best imitators in the world! Picture a 3 year old girl wearing her mother's high heels. Before the child is even born, when the mother is pregnant, that is the time for the mother to start to bond and teach her child. Teach your child Tauhid (oneness of Allah and Him as our Rabb), Seerah, Islam, Quran, Positive stories, positive values (hardworking, generosity, calm, kindness etc), reading, and many more. A baby is extremely smart and have been gifted with enough resources to learn. MasyaAllah TabarakAllah!

  So parents, aunties, uncles and everyone please be good examples to children around us as they are growing up and picking up values. Whatever seeds we plant in the will grow and if they are good InsyaAllah their belief system will be good, and you can think of what happens if its the other.

 InsyaAllah lets practise encouragement, patience, positive communication and many more.
I hope we can stop the culture of Malaysian parents telling their children off in front of other people (Remember: they have feelings just like us).


 I am writing this as a reminder to myself as I need to know and practise this before anyone else.

Salam,

Atiyah
5/12/2013



Surayya, aged 4 months old in 2012

Comments

Popular Posts