Being ME

Bismillahirrohmanirrohim

   At this moment, I am sleepy and tired physically however my soul says otherwise. Alhamdulillah, Allah has allowed me to attend the wonderful conference Being ME (Muslimah Empowered) organized by Mercy Mission. I waited for this conference for months and really couldn't wait to attend it. I was there with my sister, sister in-law, future sister in-law and friends.

   What I learnt from Sister Yasmin Mogahed was to not have any other masters for ourselves apart from Allah, it is easy for all of us to enslave ourselves to other than God. Blindly, many of us become slaves to money, fashion, career, popularity and Men! She spoke in a very calm and organized manner, and every single word was just beautiful and went straight into our hearts. SubhanAllah! She touched on the subject of Love, most of us watched fairy tales since we were small (until now) and somehow the happiness portrayed in the movies are fake, superficial and shows hopeless romantics. Notice that these movies usually end after the hero and heroine get married or reunite and they are told to have lived happily ever after.... like yeah right! What happens afterwards? Subconsciously this belief has been embedded in us and we fall into the trap of wanting to chase love, find Mr Right and fulfill our needs and Nafs. Sister Yasmin mentioned that the more we chase something, the more it will run away from us. She is such a prolific writer and her talk awed the whole crowd! May Allah grant her Jannah and bless her efforts insyaAllah.

   I enjoyed the whole program, and all the other speakers were equally good. Sister Myriam was just awesome! She sounded very british (duh!) and her speech was highly intellectual, very true and reflects the person she is, inspired! I would love to meet these two people in person and just have a conversation so that I get to Model them :) hehe.

  I can't wait for the next one, or I might want to organize one! hehe :) InsyaAllah.

May everything we do be our pension that'll last when we are in our grave and that Allah rewards us. Most importantly is that Allah loves us even more and more. Ameen.


Atiyah

Comments

Popular Posts