Welcoming Surayya, our second Princess


Alhamdulillah I have safely delivered my second baby girl. She was born on the 12th April 2012 at 3:37 pm via normal spontaneous vaginal/vertex delivery (SVD) … yes I miss O&G hehe. She weighed 2.8 kg and Alhamdulillah it made the whole pushing process much easier. The active phase of labour this time was shorter than during Sofiya’s time and the pain was WOW!.... May Allah erase all of my sins and forgive me Ameen. 

Sofiya accepted the presence of her baby sister very well, and being the loving girl she is she loves to cuddle Surayya and smooches the baby girl almost every time she sees her. SubhanALlah… indeed the feeling of love is given by Allah to His servants, that we have no control over.




As a breastfeeding advocate and I feel that it is Sofiya’s right to have her 2 years of the best milk nature can provide J I am still breastfeeding her and her sister at the same time so I am still new to the whole Tandem Nursing journey. May Allah make it easy for me, the girls and my whole family especially my dearest husband. It is true, that breastfeeding is all in the mind and in fact everything that we do. So in the will of Allah, I have sort of embedded in my subconscious mind and emotions that insyaALlah I am capable of nursing two children at the same time and that they both shall get what they deserve and I leave it all to Allah to guide and grant me strength. Ameen.

After 7 days of the whole labour and hospitalization process, I’ve been back home for 4 days already and the adjustment period was tougher in the first 2 days. Alhamdulillah, my body and mind is accepting and adjusting gradually. Everytime I feel sad that I don’t have a permanent companion to help me out during this postpartum period, I am reminded again of the things I am blessed with and think of the brighter things waiting for me. Seriously, we can easily forget the Nikmahs Allah has granted us with when we start dwelling in the things we DON’T have. May Allah forgive me. Astaghfirullah.

Before I end this entry, I’d like to share a list of things that have been a lifesaver for me as a new mother during Sofiya and also for now.

1. Nursing cover
- A ‘must-have’ if you are shy to expose your chest while breastfeeding, especially when this is a new experience for you and to avoid the discomfort of eyes watching you while you feed your baby. Do invest in one!
I bought the “brown disco dots” pattern but lost it and bought the “sweet times” pattern second time around.

2. Nursing pillow
- This was also a muscle-ache preventer, initially I used a Boppy pillow, then I bought the other one from mybrestfriend nursing pillow and Alhamdulillah it was worth it. Comfy and practical. Syukur!
I bought the “Jaipur Paisley” pattern – love the design too much J!

3. Ring sling or Baby wrap
- This is useful as you get to hold your baby against your body without having to hold them with your hands/arms. They sleep better and get to feed at the same time while we are freely doing other things or resting on a sofa. For Surayya, since she is much smaller than Sofiya I believe that insyaAllah she will gain weight and grow faster if I keep her close to me more. Ameen.

4. Swaddle
- Babies/ newborns love to be swaddled and they should be, as this makes them more comfortable and they get to reminisce over their time in our womb J it relaxes them too when they startle during sleep. I especially love the swaddleme from Summer, as it is easy to use and very practical as it keeps the baby snug and does not open which is an important point.

5. Breast pump
- If you’re planning to go back to work or at least to be able to pump and store for rainy days J) invest in a pump that suits you and you’re comfortable with. Of course some are too pricey but then again if you’re going to be a regular pumper it is worth it!

I have to stop here for now, though my list is actually longer than this. Alhamdulillah, every person is blessed with their own rizq from Allah and I am one of them. Thank you everyone for those who wished, congratulated and prayed for us. Please continue to pray for us and may we all be granted Allah’s Jannah insyaALlah. Ameen J


Written in Kajang
20th April 2012
3:00 pm


Comments

Popular Posts