A month passed... Alhamdulillah


Alhamdulillah today Sofiya enters the infant world, she is 31 days old and is no more a neonate. For the past 1 month we've been through a lot, well I would say Sofiya has gone through many changes rather than me :)

She was born weighing 3.33kg and alhamdulillah now weighs 4.5 kg. She looks longer and has grown 2.5 cm in length since birth. Syukur! Breas
tfeeding has been wonderful for the both of us, she drinks 2 hourly during daytime and 3 hourly at night. We sleep together and wake up late together the next day too! Hahaha.

I've been out and about with Sofiya, we've been to Alamanda, Pavillion, Kajang, various shops in Bangi and Le Chateau De Puah to celebrate Mak & Abah's anniversary! Either we push her in the stroller or we carry her in Baby Bjorn which she loves and falls asleep instantly. Talk about clever innovations!

Babies her age still haven't developed their social smile or exogenous smile but Sofiya does smile at times by herself either in her sleep or when she's awake which I find sooo cute masyaALlah. I can't wait to see her smile in response to mine insyaAllah. Her clothes which were too loose for her in the beginning are starting to fit her well and soon would be too tight I reckon. Hahaha. Alhamdulillah, grateful for this amanah from Allah.

Aiman has been the one giving her a bath every morning, only on a few occasions did I have to do it as he was away or had a meeting. She loves bath time and would only cry when she's not fully fed or when we turn her around to wash her back and she feels like she's lost her control. When this happens, she would grip the bath bed and try to climb up. :)

She did develop nappy rash in the 2nd week of her life, which was worrying for us but fortunately it healed well after putting Tapioca starch (Tepung ubi) around her groin. I definitely have to thank Abg Wat's Mama for this wonderful tip/petua! Works like wonders subhanALlah.

Another achievement for Sofiya is her ability to be bottle fed with EBM (expressed breast milk). I was nervous when I wanted to introduce the bottle to her as from my reading some babies get nipple confusion. 3 days away from 4 weeks of her life I had the courage to try feeding her from a bottle, and alhamdulillah to my surprise she drank from it, finished the milk and was able to breastfeed immediately after that. Alhamdulillah. We've been giving her a bottle a day since then and yesterday for the first time I left her at home with my father. When my mummy came home, and Sofiya cried for her feed she gave the bottle to her and she drank well and finished 4 oz of milk. I was so glad as I plan to attend Imam Suhaib Webb's talk this thursday and I do not intend to bring her as she's still too young to be sitting in a hall full of people. So I'd have to leave at least a couple of bottles for her during my absence.

Alhamdulillah, I am adapting and adjusting well to this new life. The challenging first 2 weeks have passed by and I don't even think about it anymore. I've adapted to the reduced number of sleeping hours and to handling a baby when we're out. It felt awkward at first, but now alhamdulillah it gets better and better.

I can't wait to meet up with my best friends from uni this sunday insyaALlah. We haven't hanged out since our student days, 8 months has elapsed and a lot has happened to all of us. They've entered the working world while I've entered mama-hood. I looked back at my photos when I was in year 4 and year 5, before getting married and it reminded me of my life before and how I've changed and how life has change
d tremendously. Alhamdulillah all for the better.

Thank you Allah! You have always been there for me and you have blessed me with so many countless nikmah which makes me grateful more and more each day. Please guide me, I know that I'll never walk alone as you are always here with me.

Just to share, one of my favourite verses from the Quran would be ayatul kursi. I believe in its hikmah and the meaning is so powerful that it secures your heart with faith that Allah is there with you and will always help His servants.

"God exists. There is no God but He the Everlasting and the Guardian of life. Drowsiness or sleep do not seize Him. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth. No one can intercede with Him for others except by His permission. He knows anout people's present and past. No one can grasp anything from His knowledge besides what He has permitted them to grasp. The heavens and the earth are under His dominion. He does not experience fatigue in preserving them both. He is the Highest and the Greatest. " (2:255)


Comments

Popular Posts